Vascular Access Nurse 6pm-6am
Location: Kansas City, Kansas US
Requisition Number: R-24768
Position Summary / Career Interest:
The Clinical Nurse II provides professional nursing care through assessment and accurate documentation, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation for the comfort and well-being of patients. Carries out a plan of care specific to unit competencies for the target patient population. Coordinates care delivery and education through collaboration with patient, family and all health care team providers to ensure safe, effective and quality patient care. Follows organizational policies in providing safe patient care. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs vital signs such as recording temperatures, pulse rate, blood pressure, applies leads, and monitors EKG and cardiac monitoring.
- Prepares patients for procedures according to hospital and unit protocols.
- Reports all observed patient concerns and changes in condition to a licensed staff member.
- May assist with transportation of patients to ancillary departments or inpatient units as directed by licensed staff.
- Anticipates and prepares by obtaining supplies and specialty equipment and sets up under clean technique prior to start of assigned procedures.
- Maintains stock of supplies in procedure rooms during, between, and after procedures, and facilitates efficient turn-over of rooms to maintain room schedule.
- Assists Vascular Access Nurse during procedures and in cleaning procedure room after procedure.
- Performs manual cleaning of vascular access ultrasound equipment
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing
- For ADN prepared nurses hired after February 24, 2017, must complete BSN degree by the fifth anniversary of employment as an RN with UKHA
- BLS Certification
- Registered Nurse in State of Kansas or compact license
- 2 years' experience as a Clinical Nurse
City: Kansas City
Community / Marketing Title: Vascular Access Nurse 6pm-6am
EEO Employer Verbiage:
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in the university's programs and activities. Retaliation is also prohibited by university policy.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Kansas City, Kansas US
Job Number: 61085