Cardiac EP Cath Lab*
Location: Kansas City, Kansas US
Requisition Number: R-20304
JOB DESCRIPTION -
The Cardiac EP Lab RN provides evidence based care in Cardiac EP Labs; monitors electrical and hemodynamic parameters; assesses patient during procedures and delivers therapy; provides moderate sedation during procedures. Performs advanced diagnostic and invasive procedures in the Cardiac EP Lab. Monitor, circulate, and assist Electrophysiologist as requested. Performs other duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS -
- Administers intravenous and oral medications to patients.
- Assists in the collection of arterial and venous blood samples and respiratory gases.
- Attends to patient needs during electrophysiology studies including monitor patient's vital signs. -
- Circulates during procedure, as applicable.
- Develops and contributes to a plan of nursing for the patient's care.
- Obtains and records hemodynamic, electrical, and angiographic data; operates hemodynamic and electrical amplifiers and digital and line fluoroscopic equipment, if applicable.
- Participates in late staffing per established late staffing schedule.
- Participates in life-saving measures such as defibrillation and cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Participates in orienting new staff.
- Prepares patient and equipment for electrophysiology procedures; prepares site of entry, draping patient, arranging sterilized instruments and catheters, and calibrating and setting up pressure transducers and tubing, as applicable.
- Prepares the Electrophysiology Lab procedures rooms by ensuring that adequate stock is available.
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing
- Perioperative & Procedures - For ADN prepared nurses hired after February 24, 2017; must complete BSN degree by the fifth anniversary of employment as an RN with UKHA
- Registered Nurse in State of Kansas
- LRN - RN Licensed Registered Nurse - State Nursing Board
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support - ACLS - American Heart Association (AHA)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support - BLS or BCLS - American Heart Association (AHA)
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Electrophysiology Lab (Cath Lab and/or EP Lab) experience
- 2 years of ICU or previous Cath Lab experience
- Registration as Cardiovascular Technologist (RCVT); Cardiovascular Certificate, License or Registration ~ CCRN - Invasive Specialist (RCIS); Cardiovascular Electrophysiology Specialist (RCES); or CCRN
City: Kansas City
Community / Marketing Title: Cardiac EP Cath Lab*
EEO Employer Verbiage:
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in the university's programs and activities. Retaliation is also prohibited by university policy.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Kansas City, Kansas US
Job Number: 59431