RN - Interventional Radiology*
Location: Kansas City, Kansas US
Requisition Number: R-20167
JOB DESCRIPTION -
Under the supervision of the Imaging Operations Manager and the clinical direction of the radiologist, independently performs nursing duties; collects initial and on-going data about the health status of the patient; obtains and verifies all required information; initiates informed consent and communicates to other pertinent individuals; evaluates and documents patient response to intervention /therapy based upon expected outcomes; creates individualized plan of care for patients in the imaging center; carries out and assists physician with interventions (sedation, biopsies, etc.); prepares and administers medications; performs record keeping and documentation; and serves as the primary liaison between patients and radiologists and other members of the support team.
JOB REQUIREMENTS -
- A graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Knowledge of general nursing theory and practice.
- Knowledge of principles, methods and techniques involved in performing general nursing services and adapting or modifying standards of nursing practices for care of specific medical cases.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in the State of Kansas or has work permit from the State Board of Nursing.
- BLS certification required or must complete BLS certification with in the first two weeks of employment.
- ACLS certification required or must complete ACLS certification with in the first six months of employment.
- Port-a-cath access training required or must complete training with in the first two weeks of employment.
- Additional certification may be required for certain patient care settings or populations.
- Specific information and the timeframe in which such certification must be attained will be provided by the department director/manager/supervisor at time of hire/transfer into department.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited school of nursing.
- Two or more years of nursing experience in imaging.
- Port-a-Cath access experience.
HIPAA: This position will have access to the following Protected Health Information in order to carry out the duties related to their position at Hays Medical Center based on the following criteria:
Primary - required (routine) to do the job
Secondary - required for the job, but mostly be exception
None - no approved access
Description of Information Level
- Patient Demographic Information (information used to identify a person): Name, Date of Birth, Address, Race, Marital Status, Religion
- Clinical Information (information that describes a patient's health status): Diagnosis, Reports/Medical Notes, Test Results, Problem List, Procedures, History and Physical
- Financial Information/Insurance (information related to insurance, billing and payment): Billing Information, Payer Name, Payer ID, Account Balances, Plan Elements Covered, Payment Information, Payment Rates
- Coding Information (clinical information that is in (alpha) numeric format): ICD-9 Codes, Rev Codes, CPT Codes
Initial and Ongoing training in dealing with infection control. Training's could include but are not limited to, blood borne pathogens, bodily fluids and bio hazardous materials as it applies to your daily work environment.
COMPENSATION RANGE -
Minimum-$20.47 - Maximum-$34.60
City: Kansas City
Community / Marketing Title: RN - Interventional Radiology*
EEO Employer Verbiage:
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in the university's programs and activities. Retaliation is also prohibited by university policy.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Kansas City, Kansas US
Job Number: 59344